The Wanderer 5/6/2010

Out of all the good books I've read this year, The Wanderer by Sharon Creech is probably one of my top 3 books. It is a just right book for me because it is about the right length and I can understand the content good enough think that that I can enjoy the book. I think this book is similar to The Swiss Family Robinson, a book that was about the discovery of New Zealand, it included all the survival skills that were in The Wanderer too. This book made me feel that if you try to make things happen, it will happen.

First, I would probably want to talk about Cody, he is the kind of person that never gets serious, doesn't worry, just wants to have fun, he seems very simple on the outside, but deep down, he has a lot of problems. He starts this way, but seems to get more serious towards the end of the book. Sophie is the only girl aboard The Wanderer. She starts off wanting to go sailing and boating all the time and claims that te ocean calls to her. At the end, she is sick of the sea after being stranded in it for 3 months.

The problem is solved when the weather changes when they are nearly there. They wouldn't have made it there with all those leaks, but when the weather changed, the crew members patched it up, letting it finish it's journey. What I would change in the story is the end, leave it bad weather, I would really like to see what they would do if the weather didn't change. I think the author's message is if you try to do it, you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment