Tracker 5-4-2010

I have finished reading Tracker by Gary Paulsen for a literature circle book. This book made me feel that I was being taught by my parents all over again because they always said that if you believe you can and you try, you can achieve it. This book is a just right book for me because the reading level is about my level, I can understand the plot.

I have chosen to talk about John and John's Grandpa and how they changed, in the beginning, he was hoping he could go hunting with his grandpa, in the middle, he knew what he needed to do, shoot a deer and bring back the liver for his grandpa, next, touch the deer because it has a link to his Grandpa's fate. For John's Grandpa, he doesn't change much but he changes in the middle from wanting John to do the normal chores he did, to becoming just as hardworking as John and taking up the job.

In the end, John was tracking the doe for 2 days and a night strait, until he finally managed to tire the doe out until it collapsed, then, he touched it, he did not shoot, because he thought there was a link about the doe that had something to do with his grandfather, if I was the writer, I would have cut down the front about John going to school and starting it right away at the hunting part. I think that the author's message is that if you try and hope to do something, it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment